This year’s Idea and Inspiration House was ONE big house with inspirational designs: a She Shed and a Man Cave. It was the perfect marriage of soft, subtle colors mixed with rustic tones and textures. As the Feature Area for this year’s Home Show, our goal was to bring you design elements that would inspire your creativity and evoke your passion for home. We incorporated the latest design trends along with some unexpected design pallets to create a rustic meets modern space. d
As you walked through our Idea and Inspiration House, you could see the latest in-home designs:
- Eco-friendly hardwood floors
- Uniquely patterned backsplashes
- Sleek cabinets and hardware
- Exquisite porcelain tile fireplaces
- Natural wood elements and brick-look tile in a variety of textures and finishes
- Hand-crafted and custom designed rustic pieces
- Warm and inviting living room spaces
- Beautiful gathering table where you could enjoy meals with family and friends
- An exterior appearance of unexpected design
The design elements we used in the Man Cave were inspired from nature using a variety of wood tones and textures. We basically brought the outside inside and dressed it up in fabrics, tiles, islands, and floors, creating a rustic meets modern design.
Softer, subtle styles adorned the She Shed. Bright whites, creamy neutrals and soft wood accents with a little bit of bling were the inspiration for this side of the house.
Home is where your story begins and creativity comes to life. So, be inspired. Break some rules and mix it up! It’s your space and it should reflect your family’s personality. Whether you’re wanting to watch the game and enjoy time with the guys, share some laughs with the girls, or cozy up and embrace time with your family and friends, this space will give you the inspiration you need to design it!