Before, During, and After Your Carpet Installation
By knowing what to expect when it comes time for your carpet installation, you can ensure that the process is as seamless as possible.
Carpet installation is a process that is refined with years of experience. When you go with a professional installation team, it helps to guarantee that the job is done correctly and that your flooring will look great for years to come.
Professional installers can effectively hide the seams of your carpet and ensure that the carpet does not cause doors to stick and so on. While some carpets may show seams more than others, our team will work to minimize such things.
A professional carpet installation crew will also be able to handle flooring transitions better than the layperson.
Before and During Your Installation:
- Make sure furniture has been removed from the room(s) in question.
- Have a plan for your existing flooring. Who is tearing it up and disposing of the waste? If you're removing it yourself, do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Consider trim as well. Will it need to be painted, removed, etc.?
- Does your subflooring need to be removed? If so, discuss this with your crew ahead of time.
- Make sure you have a plan for doors. When a carpet is installed, doors may not swing open and closed as easily.
- Have a clean-up plan!
- Be prepared to be at home on installation day and ensure that no children will be present.
- We recommend doing a walk-through with your installation professional on the day off to ensure that the plan is clear and all questions have been answered.
After Your Installation:
- Odors may be present post-installation. So you'll want to make sure you have a ventilation plan in place.
- Shedding can occur with a new carpet.
- Sprouting may also occur. If this happens, you can trim the pieces with scissors.
- If wrinkles are present, give us a call as additional work may need to be done.