Before, During, and After Your Laminate Floor Installation
By knowing what to expect when it comes time for your laminate installation, you can ensure that the process is as seamless as possible.
Laminate installation is a process that is refined with years of experience. When you go with a professional installation team, it helps to guarantee that the job is done correctly and that your flooring will look great for years to come.
Before And During Your Installation:
- Make sure furniture has been removed from the room(s) in question.
- Have a plan for your existing flooring. Who is tearing it up and disposing of the waste? If you're removing it yourself, do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Consider trim as well. Will it need to be painted, removed, etc.?
- Does your subflooring need to be removed? If so, discuss this with your crew ahead of time.
- Make sure you have a plan for doors. When laminate is installed, doors may not swing open and closed as easily.
- Have a clean-up plan! Laminate installation involves varying supplies that will need to be cleaned up.
- Be prepared to be at home on installation day and ensure no children will be present.
- We recommend doing a walk-through with your installation professional on the day off to ensure that the plan is clear and all questions have been answered.
After Your Installation:
- Odors may be present post-installation. So you'll want to make sure you have a ventilation plan in place.
- Walk through the installation with your crew after to ensure correctness.
- Proper ventilation must be maintained for at least 48 hours.
- Allow your laminate floors time to settle before walking on them.