When it comes to choosing the best flooring for your home, there are so many beautiful options. With many different floors to choose from, you’ll be sure to find the perfect fit for you and your family. If you want to keep them looking just as beautiful as the day they were installed, you’ll need to know how to keep them clean.
Luxury Vinyl Flooring
Luxury Vinyl Flooring is both durable and waterproof. It also happens to be one of the easiest floors to maintain and keep clean. Here’s a few tips on how to keep them looking great for years to come:
- Use soft bristle broom to remove loose dirt and avoid using a vacuum with a beater bar.
- Clean spills immediately – for spot stain treatment, you can use a diluted bleach solution that is one part bleach to ten parts water.
- Use a damp mop as needed with clean water and a non-abrasive floor cleaner. Harsh chemicals should not be used on vinyl floors.
- Always lift and carry furniture or appliances across your floors.
Laminate flooring is known as the inexpensive alternate to hardwood flooring. One of the biggest pros is that it imitates hardwood flooring really well. Today’s laminate flooring manufacturers offer many types of wood species that are great quality and sure to be a great flooring choice for your home. No matter what wood species of laminate flooring you may choose, the upkeep remains the same across the board.
- Use a dust mop, soft bristle broom, or vacuum cleaner with suction only. Do this often to keep loose dirt from settling in the floor.
- Avoid using wax, polish, oils, soaps, detergents, or shine enhancers.
- Some laminated wood flooring CAN be wet-mopped and even steam cleaned. You’ll want to check with the manufacturer to see which floors fall into this category.
Most homeowners love the look of real wood, and that’s why they choose hardwood flooring. Hardwood is extremely durable and lasts for years. From traditional to modern, it’s very versatile with all styles of decorating. If Engineered or Solid Hardwood flooring is the floor of choice for your home, here’s how you’ll want to care for it:
- Make sure you vacuum or sweep your floors regularly, especially in high traffic areas to prevent dirt and debris from scratching the wood’s surface.
- Always use a soft bristled broom or attachment, avoid using the beater bar.
- Use protective window coverings to block UV rays and prevent fading from direct sunlight.
- Rearrange rugs and furniture from time to time to help the floor age evenly.
- Wipe spills immediately with a clean white cloth.
For cleaning all of your hard surfaces, we recommend BONA Proffessional Cleaner. Just make sure you get the one made for your specific type of flooring. It won’t leave a dull residue and it’s easy to use. If you’d like more information on flooring options or how to keep your floors clean and beautiful, visit our flooring showroom!